Monday, October 23, 2006

Why?

The point of this blog is three fold; to catalog my opinions on various topics of interest, to provide a method of communicating with friends and family, and to explore collaborative technologies.

In my professional world, I’m a technology consultant working in Systems Engineering. If I intend to suggest a blog as a method to improve collaboration, I should have a bit of experience working with them.

In my personal life, I find it terribly difficult to keep in touch with my friends and family. I’ve googled my name, and found zero hits that actually related to me. I hope this blog will allow friends to get in touch with me, and perhaps give them an idea of what I’m up to.

Finally, I have this nasty habit of forming an opinion on something, then promptly letting that idea fade from memory. I’d like to catalog my opinions on various topics, to allow me to reassess them in the future, to see if the passage of time has validated or refuted them. Hopefully I can learn and grow from that examination.

No comments: