Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Doubling down

I doubled my stake in Cisco. Analyst's estimates are $.29 per share. If CSCO meets or beats those, it'll be a great day tomorrow. If not, we'll see. My game plan is to sell CSCO tomorrow into strength, paring down my holding so it fits into my $2K per stock allocation.

Profits will be used to buy up my positions in SHLD (Sears Holdings) and NYX (New York Stock Exchange), and initiate a position in GOOG (Google). Once AIG reports on Friday, I’ll pair back that position to 2K, putting my profits into my cash position, so I can take advantage of any buying opportunities.

I’m still looking for a place in my portfolio for GME (GameStop).

Quick math:

2K x CSCO, SHLD, AAPL, GOOG, NYX, AIG, that will leave me with about $1500. I need to either cut one of my other holdings, or place a smaller bet on GME, and give up on having a cash position.

If I had to cut, I might cut AIG; I cant see it move that much this winter.

By the way: I’m VERY VERY overweight in tech. If I called Mad Money, Jim Cramer’s investment show, and gave him my portfolio, he’d yell at me for not being diversified enough. Realistically, I should drop two tech’s, and pick up Altera (MO).

I still have not settled on my eventual stragity for this quarter, my ideas may (and most likely will) change. We’ll see how it goes.

No comments: