Wednesday, November 08, 2006

WYNN on a run / future plans

WYNN is up three points so far. I want out, but I'll see how it looks in a couple hours. My intent is to sell WYNN and buy GOOG. I have a solid position in AAPL, and I have a huge position in CSCO, ahead of their earnings report. I'd like to add ORCL as well, if I can fit it in.

My strategy for the next two months: hold six positions, each around $2K each (like I said, I have a modest portfolio). Heavy in tech, possibly four stocks, with the other two in consumer stocks that I think will do good during the holiday season. GME is a good stock, as well as SHLD.

At this point I'm not sure how things will look, but I could foresee this portfolio:

AAPL
CSCO
GOOG
GME
SHLD
AIG

AIG is a conservative play. I could swap out of AIG, after their earnings report, and move into ORCL.

I'm not thrilled with MSFT, I think the delay in Vista will hit them this Christmas.

My “wildcard” is my Roth IRA account. I currently hold LMC, and I’ve been very pleased with its performance so far. Once the run in zinc and nickel pans out, I may swap out of LMC for another commodity driven stock. Gold? Oil? Don’t know at this point.

No comments: