Friday, December 08, 2006

Nintendo for the Wiin

http://www.informationarbitrage.com/2006/12/sony_ea_and_nin.html

I hate Sony. Simply for political reasons, I hate their music division, their instance on propriety technology (nee Memory Stick), their generally overpriced products. That being said, I expected this holiday season to be a Microsoft vs. Sony fight. So far, it looks like the only real combatant is Nintendo, with it's Wii console destroying Sony's PS3.

I could easily drop the cash today and take home a Wii. The PS3 seems overpriced, and with a xbox 360 already connected to my home theater system, why bother? The Wii seems to have uniquely innovative games, an affordable price, and my money will not help subsidize Sony Music, nor lock me into Sony's craptastic BluRay technology. I could buy a Wii, and not feel that it's redundant to the 360 - in fact they are two diffrent game experances. I cant quite say the same thing about the PS3 and 360, other than that the 360 is much less expensive, has more games out, and it's not made by Sony.

I’m no big fan of Electronic Arts either. Aside from their sports games, most of their offerings are crap and they destroyed Origin when they bought them out back in the day. EA bet heavily on the PS3, and now they get to suck it up along with Sony.

/insert HA HA Quaker guy picture here

No comments: